View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 03:00 AM
got2fly
time for crew rest

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: B777 Captain

Originally Posted by WHACKMASTER View Post
Again, at the risk of tooting my own horn to prove a point, I've done a lot more to forward the profession through years of aggressive union work than the average line pilot has, such as being on an extended strike. This also includes being one of a small minority at AirTran that was "flying the contract" during negotiations. Several in that small minority turned into hostages and got canned for it. The only reason I didn't was because we got the FAA involved with photographic evidence of my legitimate maintenance write-ups before the company dropped the ax on me as well.

So you won't be shaming me into feeling guilty about my career decisions. Many Regional pilots went to the ME3 in the aftermath of 9/11 and many like me went to an LCC. There were no great jobs back then. Only some that were better than where you were at the present time (which coming from Mesa you should understand).

You're the one defending the practice of taking a B787 job paying 110K and working 20 days a month with a 40K training bond while there are many far better jobs out there (which did not exist in the aftermath of 9/11). It's a different landscape now.

As one recent poster described this thread, it's disgusting when a B787 cptn is making what an RJ cptn is AND they had to pay 30-40K for the job.

We're going around in circles so I'm done with you. Good day....
If this is the right job for someone else, why would you care? It is not all about money. This is not for me, but obviously it works for some people. I think other pilots are smart enough to make their own decisions without your help.