View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 07:41 PM
FlyingRae
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2017

Originally Posted by yeahbutstill View Post
The CFI life at Transpac right now. You will work 10 hour days many times with 1 hour break others with half hour break only, I messaged my team leader recently about having a half hour break after working 8 hours straight and his reply to me was that we get 1 hour breaks as a "courtesy" this is on 10 hour work days so you can imagine how management feels about us CFI's.

You will usually be scheduled starting at 4am during private and 4 or 5pm during instrument into early morning 2 or 3am.

They are no longer paying out the entire bonus when you finish standarization, now they pay half once you are done with stanz and the other half six months after that.

Hours during private; last week one of the CFI's teaching privative told me she was only getting about 30 hours per month because of new restrictions on the amount of hours they are giving new students.

Transpac used to be a great place to instruct (well dispite that most students are just lazy and you really have to babysit them. SOME are really good but this is rare) new owners changed things around, did some major damage then put things back (kind of). They used to have different airlines come visit every month, but this is not thr case anymore.

Management will pressure you to fly at times, personally I had a student who said he was sick and wasnt fit to fly, they told him to have some water and get in the airplane. I couldnt believe it.
If a CFI is only fly 30hrs/mo what do they do the rest of the time? I'm ok with long days (I think&#128578 ....a lot of schools don't care about their CFIs, so I'm feeling I should get used to that. 🙄 It's only for a year, so that'll go fast enough. I'm assuming you're a CFII, how many hrs do you get a month?