Old 06-03-2017, 09:38 AM
ecam
Banned

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
If you work for XJT...

If SKW voted in ALPA, that would open up the *possibility* of a common-carrier petition, which might *possibly* succeed. Since XJT is...

a) More senior longevity-wise and
b) Possibly headed to the same place comair went

It's possible that some of their folks could have an ulterior motive, especially if you're a lifer with no other six-figure skill sets.

I voted yes last time, but if there were a next time I'd probably need to see some sort of independent analysis of the likely-hood of common-carrier and the ramifications before I decided.
What union you're in or not in doesn't matter in a single carrier petition. An SLI/PID (Seniority List Integration/Policy Implementation Date) is filed with the union if both carriers are represented (ASA and CMR tried this in 2000 after DAL bought them) and forces a seniority integration. A single carrier petition is filed with the NMB (National Mediation Board), not the union. If one were filed and approved, it would force a referendum to decide representation, and my understanding is that ALPA isn't as popular over there as you think it is. The outcome of that would be a negotiated equitable seniority merger under Bond-McCaskill. The ASA/XJT side could theoretically file one any time they wish.

Last edited by ecam; 06-03-2017 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Kicked the hornet nest harder than I intended to.