View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 03:00 PM
HighFlight
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Then we are all fools. We already show up 45 minutes early to start our jobs so that we may block out on time. At one or two flights, that's not a big deal. But have a 6-leg day, and we are giving up a lot of valuable unpaid minutes of our lives.

Start paying us the 45 minutes prior to block out, and I have not a problem with waiting to drop the brake.

OTOH, it is also frustrating to fly with CAs who refuse to drop the brake more than 4 minutes prior to scheduled time. We can gain so much more advantage over A-0 by starting to move on the ground than by wasting fuel in the air trying to fly faster.

And it's also annoying when they don't want to send an A/C/S message when the rampers walk away from the plane after the door is closed.

Originally Posted by seminolepilot View Post
Those will be the guys I avoid. As someone else stated, there are days you will wait 30 mins or more to push, especially in LGA. Heck, a few weeks ago in MSP, where they're usually on their game, we waited 35 mins to push because they were short staffed. Only a fool will work for free in my opinion.