View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 09:19 PM
nmarconato
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016
Position: In LAX? PM me!
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
Lesson: Listen to complaints, but don't knee-jerk react to them. Learn the environment first. Listen to your long-established leadership. Build on successes.
Thank you. I couldn't agree w/ you more. In fact, this is what I think I have done. A lot of users are happy that the Regional Subforum is now broken down by Airline, like the Major.

Of course, this now creates a change in the experience for the users who used to find all the regional threads in one place, while they now have to click into each Airline Subforum to get a sense of what's new.

To help the experience of these users, a solution could be to browse/scan the "New Posts". Hence my question, to those users:

Is the "New Posts" a valuable resource for you? If not, why not?
https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/s...archid=8295475

I'd like to hear what they have to say, so I can think about it more.

To conclude: unfortunately, I can't make an omelette w/out breaking a few eggs, but I am happy as far as we get progress. Sometimes, like a user has mentioned, we got to take 2 steps forward and 1 step backward, that's OK w/ me, I'd take that approach for decisions like these ones (Categorize the Regional Subforum by Airline Name?
prefixes vs subforums?...), which are easily reversible.

Hope this makes sense. Let me know.

Thank you again.

Bestest