View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 10:13 AM
FlyByCable
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007

Originally Posted by Lambourne View Post
Watch This,

I am not familiar with you but sounds like you are former UAL. Looks like not having you here is a good thing. You might want to rethink the "gutting" comment. Have you heard of Lufthansa Technik? Look it up. You will see parallels to what is happening with the MOC. Also, selling MP would be good thing also. As for gates/slots. Do you know we still have a large amount of route authority left over from the Pan Am Europe slots and some unused Pacific routes. If there is value in UNUSED assets then why not get that value from them? Also, the property by EXO was said to be on the block months ago as a result of the move of the offices to Whacker Dr.

Putting 16billion in the bank would make UAL a shopper for pretty much any company in the world. Combine the 16billion to the continued increase in the bank balance of cash on hand and you have some formidable figures to buy another carrier. So don't be surprised if the merger that takes place still has the tulip flying the flag versus the other carriers name.

Maybe it is the late nights and starting over that are hurting your ability to think clearly. It is OK to be a miserable git. Not sure if you are at FedEx but I know the last FDX crew I got to listen to on the bus in NRT and at the "Bon" were far from happy. In fact they were two of the most miserable, loud and obnoxious people I have ever had to endure sitting in the same bus/room with. From the moaning and groaning they were doing you would think things were not so rosy on the Freight Front.

Yeah, they where probably *****ing about having to get their lazy rear ends in gear and do something with all the money they make vs. just having it sit in their checking accounts.