View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 03:32 AM
Bluedriver
The REAL Bluedriver

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt

Originally Posted by Wayfarer 515 View Post
This post is for all the prospective new hires. I have been here for just about one year. For perspective, I live in base and hold a line. I am the kind of pilot they are looking to hire here (i.e., clean record, college degrees, local to a base, etc.). I barely made it one year before resigning to work for another airline. I gave up a one hour drive to commute by plane for the rest of my career. That should speak volumes to you. Is this a good company to come to for a new type rating while you build your resume and log more flight time? Absolutely. The pilots you will fly with are generally great guys and gals. Is this a career airline? Sorry, no. I came here with high hopes and thought I'd be here for good. However, I was discouraged with the whole operation- the lack of respect for the pilots, the lack of retirements and movement, the low pay, etc. I started updating my apps within 6 months of my hire date. If you have any length of time left in your career and/or have a family to support (pay and medical) I would strongly urge that you wait for the legacy airline or the purple or brown guys to call you first. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat. Also, I should say I'm a regular APC poster but I'm using this account to preserve anonymity. Good luck to all the blue pilots here. I hope you get the contract that will make you happy!
Oh man, you said bad (but completely true) stuff about JetBlue, standby to be scolded by the Blue Pilot-Janitors.

That said, congratulations, you almost certainly made the right decision with the information you have right now, which is all you can do.