View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 11:24 AM
CAL EWR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Default Cal Pilots Contract 08 Survey

Everyone,

At a minimum as union members we have to participate in polling data for our union. Please take 15 minutes of your time and participate in the poll. This is a very important poll. As many of you remember I was fighting our union last time around because I truly believed we had the wrong leadership.

Today is a different story. I am actively engaged in the contract effort and I wouldn't put my name down if I didn't believe this to be true. Information is knowledge and knowledge is power. Get involved with our contract effort, take the poll and make sure your friends do as well. Thank you!

Fraternally,

Jayson Baron
CAL ALPA
Strike Preparedness Chairman
Membership Committee

CA Jay Pierce, Negotiation Committee Chairman, has asked for the assistance of the SPSC volunteers. The current website survey is not being taken by the pilot group, less than 25% with 6 days to go.
Jay has asked that we push the pilots to take the survey. It is imperative that at least 50% of the pilot group take this survey because this % is needed to be considered valid. The results will be tallied and the MEC will be briefed on the results and the opening position for Section 6 (Economics) will be garnered from these results. This will shape our next contract and we need everyone's input.

If you are in the crew room, get all pilots to use the CMS computers and go to the calalpa website, there is a BALLOT POINT HOT button on the home page that will direct you to ballotpoint.com/spalpa, or they can go directly to ballotpoint.com/spalpa on a personal/hotel computer. The ID is each pilot's ALPA #, Password is SURVEY for all. The survey takes approximately 10 minutes. If you are not flying prior to Sunday, do what you can to get the word out, i.e. call friends or visit the crew rooms if possible.

CA Mike Jones
CALMEC
SPC Chairman