View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 03:50 PM
PSA Recruiter
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by SonicFlyer View Post
What are the most common reasons you DON'T hire someone?
Great question. We can't legally tell people why we didn't hire them. That is lawyer stuff. But I can tell you what we are looking for.

We are looking for someone who presents themselves in a professional manner and has all of the documents that we ask them to bring. This shows that they are serious about the job, and that they will likely take training seriously as well.

We look for logbooks that are well kept (to a point) and things logged properly. We look at things pretty closely in the logbooks. If you put "low pass over girlfriends house st 50 feet" in the comments section, I will read it and ask you about it.

We want someone that has the required experience (not just total time) to do well in training and on the line. I expect you to be instrument proficient. I expect you to know some about the 121 world. I won't ask you about 3585, but I do expect you to have a grasp of what we do.

I also expect you to have a good attitude. Be polite. Be professional. I will likely have to fly with you on the line if I hire you. We will spend 4 or more days together in a small space.

I also want PSA to be a good fit for you. I like it here, and it works for me. But that might not be true for everyone.

Does that help answer your question?