View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 01:34 PM
CAL EWR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

Intial ALPA blast mail:

Beginning on September 10, ALPA will be conducting a web-based survey of our workgroup. This survey will help provide valuable information to your Negotiating Committee and MEC on issues that are either being discussed in the near future or will be part of our opening position for the economic sections as we work toward negotiating Contract '08. All voting members and apprentice members at Continental Airlines have been selected to participate in this survey.

Your input is essential.

If every crewmember participates, the web-survey will provide extremely accurate results. If not, accuracy will suffer commensurately.

Our goal is for every eligible member to respond to the web-based survey. At a minimum, we need at least 80% to participate. We believe that a figure above 90% is achievable.

Here are a few frequently asked questions about web-based surveys:

How do I log on?

The survey is found on the internet at this link:

https://www.ballotpoint.com/spalpa

In the upper left you will see "ID:" and "PWD:"

* For "ID:" Use your Member ID.
* The "PWD:" is "SURVEY".

Then follow the menu prompts. If you would like detailed login instructions they are as follows:

* Click the button titled "Login" Along the left you will see "View Surveys"
* Click on that item. In the middle of the screen you will see a box listing the survey titled: "Continental Web Survey".
* Click on the "Request Survey" button to start your survey.

If you have difficulty accessing the survey, please contact the MEC office at 281-987-3636.

What if I feel I do not have enough information to answer all the questions?

Please answer the questions that you are comfortable with and indicate, if necessary, where you are unsure about the others. Even if you are unsure, it is very important information for your union to know. It allows your union to know the areas in which we need to provide additional communications and educational materials.

When will the web-survey end?

September 30, 2007 at 10 AM ET

What happens if I choose not to participate?

First, ALPA leadership will not have the value of your input. Second, with each crewmember who chooses not to participate, the results become less reflective of the entire pilot group. In survey terminology this is called self-selection bias.

How long is the survey?

It will take you about 20 minutes to complete.

Will the union know my individual responses to the questions?

No. ALPA will receive tabulation of all the responses, but will not know your individual responses.