Thread: Easy Jet Fiasco
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 04:45 AM
EXPAT1
Banned

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: 737 NG CAPT.

Originally Posted by NEDude View Post
I think you would have to check the contract of carriage. If it it mentions they do not allow transit passengers, that would be your notification.
I appreciate your help but still disagree. I have been told by gate agents at Easy Jet in LGW it does say this. Just because it does, does not mean I was prudently or reasonably notified. Even United Airlines found out the hard way via a multi-million dollar lawsuit that even though your contract of carriage states something a passenger still has a reasonable expectation and certain rights as the Illinois Doctor Dao settled for United's mishandling of a situation which was stated in a contract of carriage. The only issue I am asking here is does Easy Jet have any obligation or liability if they did not inform me of a very strange and bizarre policy which is almost borderline illegal as it certainly infringes upon the authority of the Dutch Immigration system. Traveling in a transit status is done by millions of passengers every day and I have never heard of such a ridiculous policy and even though I think Easy Jet should have informed me they certainly do not. In the end I lost 1 day and about $1000 for another ticket on Aeroflot along with the non-refundable Easy Jet ticket. Sometimes shXX happens. Anybody have any small claims experience?