Thread: pilot mortgages
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 05:48 AM
3GRNDWN
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2014
Position: A320

I'd like to post a HUGE recommendation for Marty and his team at Trident Home Loans (THLs).

About six months ago I was shopping for a lender for the purchase of a new home in another state. My previous mortgage was with a giant monster mega bank and flashbacks of the pains they caused during the lending process seven years ago had me cringing in my sleep. While reading through these forums one day, I ran across other comments praising the outstanding job Marty and his team did for them. So, I figured why not give Marty and his team at THLs a try? I'm extremely glad I did. I had a somewhat unconventional mortgage request and wasn't sure any lender could deliver, but Marty did. After one discussion with Marty about what I was looking for, he provided me options within a few hours from banks who were willing to accommodate. This initial outstanding customer service from Marty and THLs was just the beginning.

The entire process was a breeze from start to finish. Marty and his team understood the airline pilot/military reservist pay structure, so there was never any question about income. I still remember my previous lender seven years ago trying to wrap his head around why I “only work” 70 to 80 hours a month, then waiting days to receive confirmation that he received the documents needed. Not the case with THLs. Whenever some type of paper work was needed, I simply sent the documents to one of Marty’s mortgage brokers and the rest was taken care of – thank you Kristina H., you are awesome! If I ever had any questions, my emails and phone calls were always answered or returned in a timely manner throughout the entire process. It really makes a huge difference when one is not treated as a number (as was the case with my previous lender), but instead as a valued customer.
We closed on the house this week and even the attorney at the closing table praised THLs for their attention to detail and quick response time to their requests.

We are now the owners of a beautiful home financed on a 15-year fixed 3.25% interest rate, with the option to recast the loan at no cost. After the sale of our previous house, the recast option will allow us to put more money down on the principle of our new home so that we may reset the monthly payments to a lower amount. I wholeheartedly recommend Marty and his team at THLs to anyone looking to finance/refinance the purchase of a home. Thank you, Marty!