Old 06-13-2017, 09:20 PM
word302
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: 737 FO

Originally Posted by deadseal View Post
Hey man, I'm just a dude that was mil turn Skywest turn major, I have no agenda, never worked at asa or xjt or whatever. Just interested in the psychology of it all and wanted to share that concrete work rules are way better. If you really think that you are better off without a union than I think you are a fool. No offense personally, I just can't seem to comprehend how anyone can trust a major corporation. Trust isn't the right word, maybe "fail to understand that they are trying to reduce cost as much as possible at your detriment." Spirit is another fascinating psychological drama of corporate greed. It's just interesting to me is all. I think my current company would take us to the cleaners if we weren't unionized. Not because they are "bad" or anything, it's just their job to reduce costs and increase efficiency. Just like my job is to show up on time ready to roll. We all try and do the best we can in our respective AORs.

I guess what I'm trying to give you is a perspective. Now that I have a union at my back it really is much better for the various reasons already stated. What you do with that nugget of info is obviously up to any individual.
So you went to a major and it's better, we get it. How long were you at OO?