View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 03:22 AM
aero550
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Citation II

Originally Posted by N6724G View Post
Where can I find information on the internet about Coca Cola Enterprises aviation department. I see them all the time at FTY but its hard to find info on corporate flight departments. For airlines all you have to do is go to their websites and it will list pilot job openings. Not soeasy for corporate flying jobs.

You're going to find that very few (if any) corporate flight departments have dedicated open websites. If they do, it will be an internal site just for other employees of the same company, for informational purposes, such as directions to the hangar, scheduling, or to give feedback. Many reasons for this, but mainly for security and because companies like to keep their flight departments low key and anonymous.

Job openings at flight departments tend to be few and far between and when they do occur, they may be posted on the company's main website under "employment opportunities" or a larger third party career website. At that point, be prepared to be up against hundreds of applicants vying for one or two positions. Many of those appplicants will have several thousand hours and be typed in the equipment the company operates. What I am saying is: Competitive. Then, often times, they will hire someone from across the field that they already know.

The fact that they showed up at a Riddle career forum is pretty cool, but it shouldn't have been mis-construed as a possibility of them hiring. I'm sure they were just there to show what flight departments look for in applicants in general and to give a little insight into what the differences are between flight departments and airlines, something they certainly didn't have to do. It was pilot community service. They probably have an alum or two that wanted to "give something back" or a faculty member that knows someone at the department and were able to talk them into giving a presentation. Had it been taken for what it was, it was probably very informative and helpful for someone interested in a corporate flight department career, not necessarily at Coca Cola.