View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 07:42 PM
glide
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Originally Posted by VIRotate View Post
Seems like you have it pretty well figured out. I think it is fair to question any regionals existence in 2-3 years. Just look at Comair. Choose a regional based on QOL. Live in base. RSV isn't horrible in base. Don't make a lateral move to chase an upgrade. Majors don't like jumping around too much unless there is a good reason... ie I wanted to be home closer to my family. Speaking of upgrade, if you are an FO on the 175 there, just know that you will upgrade to CA in the prop. If that isn't a problem for you, then so be it. As for reserve here, yes it was quite a bit longer than it should have been. That is changing pretty quickly. We are ramping up the west coast flying so the change in block negligible with MSP closing. We lost 41 pilots in the last 2 months out of about 780. That's 5%. Things are definitely picking up here. TSH is notorious for waiting until we are understaffed anyways. I imagine by the end of the year, they will be scrambling to find pilots. Upgrade right now is about 2 years I would say. Maybe 2.5 but that still beats most places and is at least on par with the rest. Compass is still a good place to be. It's not perfect, but really what regional is? I hope this helped a bit. Good luck and hopefully I'll see you on property over here.
Thanks for your response V1, that's helpful.