View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 02:08 AM
Sailingbill
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2016

I cant agree more, well said. If you want tough, go work away from base and try to manage a family without seeing your kids grow up. I made enough last month to provide for two children, put a healthy dinner on my table every night and pay two mortgages. Please stop making it so toxic! Get a hobby, go for a walk, try meditation... Stop making your job your life! Work and work hard, life is too short to complain about the meaningless. Work to make things better and stop making it tough on others, especially those who enjoy their lives and time at penair. Life really isnt that bad here brethern.

QUOTE=iflypotatos;2379579]It's funny reading all the complaints from people that haven't been here for more than two or three years. When they had a part 135 exemption, working 14 days straight wasn't unheard of. It's easy to be an Internet troll sitting reserve at your glorious CRJ FO gig because you couldn't make it as a captain at penair. Every single regional has it's problems and PenAir is no different. There's never gonna be improvements if folks just leave after a few months. Kinda hard to staff when folks leave because they can stick it out for a few months.

The new pay scale pays better than nearly every regional out there, plus you can bank on making well above your monthly guarantee. If you're not focused on living in Alaska (which if you've already left pen for another regional, then obviously Alaska life wasn't for you to begin with), then expect a quick upgrade time.

All the bases in the states have trips that overnight, and then pass through the home base during the day. Traditional spoke and hub style. So, if an emergency came up at home you'd be back there in a few hours.

Most all the pilots are willing to trade to accommodate extra days off, as long as you're willing to return the favor. The pilot group is what makes this place run.[/QUOTE]