View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 02:09 AM
mikethe1
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2016
Default Point2Point Paradigm with the NEO/MAX

Hi,
I'll start with a confession that I'm absolutely not a professional in this world of cargo, airlines etc. So although there might be many little points where below idea might not work, I'm more interested about the big idea - and where might be significant show stoppers...

With the recent inception of high bypass ratio engine airplanes (87, 50, NEO, MAX) we will see long haul LCC with narrow body airplanes flaying point 2 point low demand destinations. Essentially disrupting the Trans-Atlantic market.

Why we don't see air cargo operators taking the advantage over this technology improvement and disrupting the current Hub & Spoke paradigm in the air cargo world?

With Point 2 Point on narrow body airplanes suitable address low demand destinations with viable business model of costs, we can imagine new markets for air cargo. And broader speaking - this will be part of what called "Direct to customer logistics". The opportunities are basically introduce World Wide the quality and speed of shipping we see statewide.