View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 08:50 PM
new guy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017
Position: RW instructor pilot and Maintenance test pilot

Originally Posted by ChuckMK23 View Post
  • "$55,000 first-year pay for new-hire military pilots" - where does that come from? Starting pay for new-hire First Officers is $38.50 per hour.

• "All PSA pilots receive up to $21,560 signing bonus" - is this true?
  • "Over $16,000 in sign-on bonuses paid immediately, if you choose, to help fund your flight time requirments" - so in my case, with my 25 PIC MEL hours and rating already attained, I need roughly 120 PIC Airplane hours - sounds like PSA funds this - but an I misinterpreting this?
  • Does PSA simply take the money out of your sign on bonus to fund the 120 PIC hours I would need?
  • What would my no **** first12 months of pay look like?

Thanks!
PSA offers $23000 up front to cover down on certs/hours. Anything in excess can be paid for either 1) our of pocket 2) via the bonus 3) gi bill.

Your first year is a tough number because
-You won't get paid while time building
-while at indoc you'll actually be paid 24x7 per diem with the 38.50 (or whatever the hourly wage is) x 75 a month. Expect indoc/initial training to least nearly 4 months from my understanding. After that, with minimal work (you just fly hours assigned, no trading/doing/overtime and your per diem thrown in I've talked with pilots saying they take home nearly $4k a month after taxes.

Regarding the pay for training, your balance has to settled prior to attending from my understanding. So they pull initially from the psa pot of money, then you.