View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 03:17 PM
awax
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Originally Posted by 155mm View Post
Tips are up to the person giving them and should remain non obligatory in this Universe but "greatly appreciated"! It's always been my privilege to tip someone for a great job done. If the person declines the tip they often say thank you, I appreciate the gesture. This is really no big deal! My votes is sure, why not tip a Flight Attendant?
You don't feel that a simple "thank you for making me comfortable, you do a really nice job" is gratitude enough? Most flight attendants have medical benefits, company 401K contributions, CBA work rules, paid vacation, travel benefits. Some have profit sharing and other bonuses.

But, if you want to throw money at them for dragging an overpriced snack bar up and down the isle, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I mentioned Japan earlier and it's amazing how different the work ethic is there. People actually do their jobs exceedingly well for the personal satisfaction and societal approval, they'd be insulted at the idea of being tipped for just for doing their job.

But this America, land of the sloven half-wits who feel entitled to a hand out. Like you say, "why not flight attendants"?