View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 06:54 PM
snackysmores
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014
Position: fatigued

Originally Posted by Hidy Ho View Post
40 QX flights cancelled today due to lack of pilots. Affecting 2,552 passengers. Per the Alaska Airlines Operational Status board for fact checkers. Other than a SWAP event for a winter storm, this is a pretty high number of cancellations.

So if we're cancelling flights due to lack of pilots, what pray tell is it going to take to right this ship? Seems like this problem has just popped up out of the blue, never saw it coming, and there's nothing QX and Alaska management ever did to cause this (even though they make all the decisions and control freak everything).

I want to personally thank CEO Dave Campbell's leadership (insert: incompetence) over the last three years for handling the situation.

I have an idea: Maybe they could stop violating our contract left and right every day, stop trying to intimidate and harass our pilot group, recognize they have made serious mistakes regarding the 'commit to compete' campaign and offer an industry leading contract that will make people actually WANT to fly a Q400.

But what do I know.