Gets Weekends Off
Bonanzer
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Oct 2012
  • Position
    e145 fo
Quote: If by "every" you mean every non-wholly owned that isn't Republic or SkyWest, then yes, you're correct. All of the wholly-owned carriers are a cost to their owners. They don't have to make money, so you can't compare them to Mesa. Republic forced American and United to increase their FFD rates by declaring bankruptcy, which Mesa can't do. SkyWest is a large public company with huge economies of scale that Mesa can't match.

If your goal is to put Mesa out of business, cool. That's not my thing but to each his own. I'm more about remaining employed and providing for my family while looking for a better job. For all the talk about wanting better pay, people here are sure reckless with their main source of income.

Just go to a union event. Ask real, non-loaded, reasonable questions. If you're looking for insight from the tinfoil hats who post on this page you're doing it wrong. Think of all the crazies and young, dumb FOs (and captains) this company employs who probably post here. Not saying the union is The Answer, but opinions here are so far off it's scary.
Not correct with rah. Republics main reason for going bankrupt was to get rid of idled aircraft cost. There were almost 100 erj 145s sitting that republic was paying on. Although they did renegotiate contracts with the big 3 and suppliers as well.

I guess what I don't see with this contract is how it will save mesa. A garbage contract in this pilot market won't help recruiting or retention much at all. Sometimes you have to save management from themselves. Voting down our 2014 ta ended up turning rah around for the better. Voting this down and hopefully getting a better offer is the only chance mesa has.