Old 06-27-2017, 07:42 AM
ecam
Banned

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by skydisaster View Post
Everything in this thread is good info except for this. There is not much way that you are making $60-75k your first year here. You will be in the training pipeline for 4 months making min guarantee. The next 2-3 months, you will be on a composite schedule while you are trying to get to 100 hours. So plan on min guarantee for 6 months. Even if you flew 95 hours a month for the next 6 months, that would only come out to about $55k for the first year. You would have to chase Open Time and VFNs all over the country to make $75k. Even if you include Per Diem (it is not salary, so please quit calling it that), you are only talking about another couple thousand. To make $75k you would have to be VBD based (again including per Diem) and that is not going junior on the Bus. So, there may be some circumstances where you could make more, I would certainly plan on making min guarantee your first year hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My estimate might have been overstated, since I never did it under this contract, but first year pilots on VBD are making that from what I understand. Non VBD pilots are probably making less.