View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 06:28 PM
whalesurfer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013

Originally Posted by IwantToFly View Post
I have also wondered how much it would help being a UPSer, my guess is not much.
And no one has been able to say "ya you being a UPSer could realistically apply with x, y, and Z times and be competitive"

I disagree. I believe that being a former UPSer could help you a TON -> • IF • <- you leave on good terms..
If you don't, well, they'd probably never hire you as every single mistake you've ever made ends up in their ultra-secret file.
There's the official 'exception reports' file which you may view and then there's the no-s@&$t, real $&¥@-up file which stays with you for all eternity and then some.

Did you ever watch the movie "Snowden"? That's exactly what happens. NSA rejects end up in Russia ..or at 'brown records' where they give them code names like "Tara" or "Zulu Time." If you're sharp they'll name you "Bulletin" and you'll end up doing some very important but also secretive stuff.

On a more serious note, yes, they hire former UPSers and I know a few who were hired this way. However, they all had lots of experience as they flew for regionals and low-cost airlines for quite a few years before they came back.

I seriously doubt they'd hire someone with 1,500 of flight time. Unless you decide to become a burp. If so, get some KingAir time and you should be good to go.

So if you choose to leave remember that it'll probably take more than a few years for you to come back and also that you might or might not get hired here after all.

Wish you the best!!