View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 09:35 PM
RemiDenton
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Default What's happening at Horizon and Jets?

Originally Posted by FlyingDreaming View Post
New hires beware.

Management hanging schedules and not honoring promises

Talked to two pilots today in SEA done with IOE, flying 90 hours or more and only getting paid for 64 hours

Q400 Horizon is not honoring the new TA 4.2 hour a day guarantee is not being honored by the company

Preface-- I'm a newb and learning the game.

Alright I've read the past 20 pages and I come to an astounding amount of confusion, and I can't seem to understand this.

1) How do you just not get paid for 26 hours? This has to be a misunderstanding on my part because I can't imagine this being let go

2) Clear up this 4.2 mess for me please. Let's say someone is turning four flights a day and logs 3.8... this is saying that the company is supposed to pay 4.2 regardless, correct?

3) initial pay at training. 16hrs a week at $40. I'm just an ERAU guy but my public math tells me $640/week. Even with per diem that's worse than I ever thought.

4) I'd like to verify my acronyms and clarify a few. AS- Alaska Iron, QX-Horizon Iron, AAG- Alaska Air Group, CBA-Collectiv Bargaining Agreement, LOA letter of agreement...and PBS???

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: thread below on hiring gouge info answered a few acronyms for me being IATO codes. And how bitter griever is... I respect it.

Last edited by RemiDenton; 06-27-2017 at 10:14 PM.