View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 10:16 PM
snackysmores
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014
Position: fatigued

Originally Posted by RemiDenton View Post
Preface-- I'm a newb and learning the game.

Alright I've read the past 20 pages and I come to an astounding amount of confusion, and I can't seem to understand this.

1) How do you just not get paid for 26 hours? This has to be a misunderstanding on my part because I can't imagine this being let go
2) Clear up this 4.2 mess for me please. Let's say someone is turning four flights a day and logs 3.8... this is saying that the company is supposed to pay 4.2 regardless, correct?
3) initial pay at training. 16hrs a week at $40. I'm just an ERAU guy but my public math tells me $640/week. Even with per diem that's worse than I ever thought.
4) I'd like to verify my acronyms and clarify a few. AS- Alaska Iron, QX-Horizon Iron, AAG- Alaska Air Group, CBA-Collectiv Bargaining Agreement, LOA letter of agreement...and PBS???

Thanks in advance.
1. For some reason our contract states that you will remain on training pay until the end of your IOE bid. So even if you finish IOE in the first week of the bid, you will not get paid more than the training pay. We actually had a new hire do exactly this and he picked up 5 premium pay trips. The company not only refused to pay him premium, they wouldn't pay him at all. He literally will have to work those trips for free for the rest of the month in addition to his built up line. If I was him I would call in sick for every single one of them. It's not like he has any sick time accrued anyway, and the company isn't going to pay him no matter what so he won't lose any money. They wouldn't dare fire him because we would just be short another dash FO.

2. Yes, no matter what we are not supposed to be paid anything less than 4.2 per day of work. The company is flat out not honoring this contract item they agreed to.

3. At least you will get $40/hour vs. $30

4. Correct to all, PBS is Preferential Bidding System aka PURE EVIL if you are junior. Works great if you're senior or above 60% seniority or so.