View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 01:52 PM
303flyboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012
Position: Happy

What he said. Add about 8/10k for per diem. Second year 82k plus about 8 per diem. That said one jrm trip or rea pay and you'll be way over that. This assumes only and only working your line which won't happen but should absolutely be what you base your decisions on.

Listen, I have been lucky almost a year commuting to a line. Commuting to rsv (18 hours !) with reserve rules that would make the average first year regional FO cringe ... good luck. I would quit. Even commuting to a line guys means 22/28 hours up on your go to work and on go home day. Which is lovely after an 11 hour Lima flight which originated at 2 AM. (Did you sleep 8 hours till 2 AM?).

For a local guy over 45/55 who wants to make it to the finish line.. sure. For anyone else with the current attitude from mgmt to labor..

Let me say this though. This could be an amazing job (why do you think all the airborne guys are still here -- it was) but if leadership cares more about short term gains than long term investment / succes.. oh well.