Old 06-28-2017, 07:03 PM
C130driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2016

Originally Posted by NYC Pilot View Post
I'm an old guy. I remember many fatal U.S crashes. American 587 was assumed to be pilot error. Alaska 261, poor maintenance on jack screw. Comair Lexington, KY crash, pilot error. Val u jet in Everglades inflight fire, Colgan Air crash Buffalo, pilot error. I can go on and on. Although we in the USA have better maintenance and training than third world countries, we are far from perfect. Accidents and incidents will happen. I'm not defending the likes of Air Asia at all, I'm just saying that sh!t happens in aviation. We need to agree that no one is immune from the dangers of flight in general.
100% agree, complacency kills and we as aviators in the US are not immuned...my point is that US aviation is held to a higher standard than Air Asia and that their outfit is questionable. It is irrelevant (not speaking to you) to bring up "oh but other airlines have incidents too." But hey, if some 20 year old backpacker wants to save maybe 200$ on a ticket, go right ahead. My family won't ride on them.