View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 08:59 PM
wt93205
Hold my beer, watch this.

Joined APC: Aug 2012
Position: Airbus Pilot

TRANS STATES PILOTS RATIFY PBS LOA
Last week, the pilots of Trans States Airlines officially ratified a Preferential Bidding System Letter of Agreement (PBS LOA). Seventy-seven percent of eligible pilots participated in the vote, with 92 percent voting in favor.
"I want to personally thank the entire MEC, the Negotiating Committee members, and the PBS working group [PWG] for their continued hard work in achieving this beneficial agreement," said MEC chairman Capt. Neil Butler. "Notably, I want to thank former TSA MEC Chairman Zach Barnes, Grievance Chairman Mark Zust, and PWG members Damon Robertson, Sean Stickney, and Tim Reed for their invaluable contributions to this process. Finally, I want to thank all of the professional pilots of Trans States Airlines for their hard work and dedication every day that made these results possible."
Improvements include: a 4.25 min day with no carve outs; a collaboration on all pairing constructions and PBS runs between the PWG and the company; junior assignments pay 175% and holiday pay is 150%; and a 3.5 vacation credit; among other gains.
Not only are the many contractual improvements and the establishment of PBS bidding beneficial to the pilot group, this PBS LOA will put TSA on solid ground when the MEC embarks on Section 6 contract negotiations early next year.