View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 11:43 AM
Utah
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: RJ Captain

Originally Posted by Turbosina View Post
58:36 is min monthly credit at OO. Any lower and you have to use vacation and/or user time. If you don't have any time in your bank, you're responsible for the company's portion of your healthcare plan.

Unless you are top 10 percent or less in your base and seat, though, getting less than 80-ish hours assigned (as a line holder) is next to impossible. Dropping? I've been able to drop three turns in three years. Not three trips. Three turns...
Yeah what you say about dropping is pretty true. I've dropped maybe one trip in the last several years. But dropping a trip needs to be defined, and at OO it means to drop it to open time because there are enough reserves beyond a company set minimum to cover it.

You can also post your trip to open time and hope someone picks it up. I do this all of the time and work only 60 hours or so a month. Conversely some months I pick up a lot from other crew members. -- This month I'm working 10 days for 61 hours credit, next month I was awarded 78, picked up a bunch of stuff and now have 115 credit hours.

Bidding locals and split duties make this possible. With 3-4 day trips it would be nearly impossible. The shorter trips are much easier to give away.