View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 07:41 AM
Dubz
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Originally Posted by MaCrOs View Post
If they do it would be incredibly poor decision. They would loose a bunch of pilots and the classes would be empty.
It won't happen. As it is, the company wants to open up some articles of the contract for negotiation (since they're hurting for people) and the union is ready with some pretty good demands. Allowing the pay to go backwards would be extremely counter productive.

Besides, the LOA is good through Dec 31, 2018 (with retention bonus agreed through end of April 2018), so there wouldn't be changes before 2019 (of course there's an option of extending and improving the LOA).
The question was whether pay would go back down... the answer to that question currently is yes. Under the current LOA pay goes back down. While I agree that it probably won't happen and the company and union will come to an agreement prior to it's expiration it doesn't change the answer. If my crystal ball is working I would anticipate a pay scale overhaul making the "temporary" LOA rates permanent with a simultaneous adjustment to the CA pay rates. Increasing the CA rates would provide an incentive to upgrade and solve the CA manning issue. If I'm not mistaken all of the WOs have the same deal with the same terms... so, all 3 have the same issue.