View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 01:08 PM
da42pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by PSA Recruiter View Post
I am on vacation this week, and have been a little slow to answer, but I am trying to spend an hour a day or so getting to everyone's questions.

For prior 121, the interview is typically about the same. We do offer Skype interviews for those that would like one, and qualify. If you have any questions about this, send me a PM on here. I can pull your application and see if you qualify and talk to you about it.

Since I am one of the people that will be interviewing you, I can't really tell you about the interview and what we ask. That wouldn't be fair. But there are some good gouge sites that are pretty accurate. AviationInterviews has some good info, but there are others.

The idea of an interview is to get to know you, and to see if you are prepared to start class with us. We talk about weather, approaches/SID's/STAR's, and other things that you should do every day if you are a current 121 pilot. We may ask about some FAR's, maybe a little about your current airplane, or some "tell me about a time".

The longest part of the interview day is us telling you about PSA, explaining the benefits, and going over our scheduling. That usually takes over 90 minutes. We encourage questions. We normally pull up our own schedules, show you FLICA, and anything else that you want to see. There is also a pilot with you all day, even when you are in the "holding" area and waiting for your interviews. This way, you can ask any questions that come up.
That's perfect, thank you!