Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 08:16 PM
N19906
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Q400, B-737

Originally Posted by thevagabond View Post
TOTD in my opinion is a shared prize today. Approaching the gate I was met by one of our flight attendants telling me that the agent cleared another airline's non-reving flight attendant into a seat on our metal while she was still without a seat despite telling the agent she was listed and it is our metal. I explained nicely to the agent that our people go first. End of story, right? 25 mins later, close to push, I notice that the offline flight attendant is in a seat up front and our f.a. is nowhere to be seen. Walked by up the jetbridge again to sort it out for the second time and myself and our f.a. are informed the f.a. jumpseat is available and that's where our f.a. can ride is she'd like to go. Well now it's a become matter of principle and doing the right thing and two people in the wrong ****ing me off. So we pushed minutes later with our f.a. in the back, the clearly in the wrong and knowing it offline f.a. standing angrily at the gate, and a gate agent reminded that we have policies they will follow. Had the agent and the offline f.a. been decent people and handled it better our f.a. would have gladly taken the jumpseat and gotten the other girl on. Unbelievable.
Good on you. Taking care of your own comes first.