Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 11:39 AM
The701Express
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: 1Durrty5

Originally Posted by Flyby1206 View Post
I'm not shooting the messenger, but that makes zero sense. The cabin refresh program would take planes offline, so if they cancel the program then we'd have more planes than originally planned and need more frontline staff than planned.

Actually...yep that all sounds about right for JB
The cabin refresh has been delayed several times since it was originally supposed to occur almost two years ago. Until recently I couldn't go a trip without hearing the FAs complaining about how low their bid divisors were or how few trips were in open time.

There's no fat left to trim so this company is devouring itself. Cutting staffing, reducing spare parts inventories, carrying less catering, these are the resources that allow an airline to function normally, let alone through a holiday weekend.

Combine this management strategy with absolutely zero communication to frontline employees about why we're having to sacrifice so much when we had so little to begin with has left the employees who actually make this whole operation somehow work deflated and demoralized.

JetBlue management has utterly failed its employees and its customers.

If they don't want to build the church for Easter, fine, just don't expect anyone to want to come back for Christmas.

To have some larger, secret plan revealed, showing us why this was all necessary is about the best outcome I could see. Instead I fear this is happening solely as a result of greed. Greed regardless of the cost to the people who made the JetBlue brand what it was.

JetBlue right now is rudderless and has no discernable direction. I wish this were merely incompetence, but all I hear is talk from on high about costs costs costs. They know exactly what they're doing and seemingly couldn't care less how it affects us.

Look out for yourselves, look out for your fellow pilots, look out for your inflight crews and mechanics, and look out for AO and GO. We're all we have to rely on.