View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 02:52 PM
JG4245
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

I have an interview coming up with Atlas in a few weeks. To give a little background I am a regional FO living in base and bidding senior enough to get the days off I want. However, I am currently still 2 years away from upgrade. I have gotten pretty comfortable with where I am at and have mixed feelings from the people at Atlas I have talked to. Granted I may not even get the offer once I interview, I wanted to try and gather some more information before going in.

I live about an hour and a half from CVG so the 767 is very appealing to me. The HR person told me on the phone that getting assigned an airplane is a total mixed bag. She said plan to go to ANC on the 747 and if I get the 767 then even better (I appreciated her honesty). Can anyone give me an idea of the likely hood of getting the 767?

I was also told that the schedule is 17on/14off but the company can extend you up to 3 days (which she made sound very common). She went on to explain that "other" schedules were available once I was senior enough to bid for them. How likely is a 7on/7off one day on the 767? If I was single I would probably really enjoy the 17/14 schedule but with a young family having something shorter eventually is really ideal.

Training pay as I understand is $1600 a month as well as per diem. Is it still fair to plan 4 months at this pay?

Thanks a lot for any information you can give me!