View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 08:06 PM
Snaplock
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2016

Originally Posted by SpringLanding View Post
Thanks for the information. I'm approaching 1000 hours aircraft commander time in a 57K multi engine jet but probably won't hit it before heading to a new assignment and smaller aircraft. If FedEx has a conversion factor I think I'll be north of 1000 hours.

My takeaway is that the objective difference between a T-6 and T-45 when getting hired is the heavier weight, specifically the T-45 GTOW being above the 12.5K-- and this is particularly important for UPS and FedEx, given their stated minimums.
I specifically asked about this topic at the FedEx Expo. I was able to corner the head of hiring about this and he told me that "it's different for military." I asked him if the computer would prevent someone with T-6 time from getting the interview invite. He said, "no". However, I suspect that FedEx does not count T-6 time toward the GTOW requirement and especially with so many qualified applications I don't think you can expect an invite anytime soon if you have to use your T-6 to get you over the hour requirements.