View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 07:41 AM
Foodstamps
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Eskimo brother from another mother

Originally Posted by Strawpile View Post
What makes you think it will be baseball-style arbitration again? I thought that was something that was agreed upon ahead of time. I heard it would not be this time. Does anyone know the answer to this?
I've spoken with the VX reps a lot and the good news about our process is part of the mediation panel will be on the arbitration panel. What they, that portion of the arbitration panel, has seen so far from the union is our guys showing up prepared, well educated, on time and eager/ready to make a real deal.

What they have seen from the company is a TPA process longer than any in recent history, unpreparedness, blatant stalling, misinformation, crying poor directly contrary to everything they say to shareholders and file in their 10-K, -
See here (http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?t=1&item=VHlwZT0yfFBhcmVudElEPTUyNTE 1NjJ8Q2hpbGRJRD02NjQyMDE=) and disregard for current industry norms in this economic climate.

So, were I the arbitrator that had just watched all this unfold since April 4th 2016 and had read all the cliff notes, I'd have a pretty good working knowledge of who I respect more. Who came to deal. Who isn't wasting my time.

I think we will be just fine, and my union speaks for me. BT/BM will find out real quick that they may not in fact be the smartest guys in the room. Time will tell.