View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 02:36 PM
Globemaster2827
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by Davetastic View Post
So, you and I agree that it will be a while and there are many court scenarios to potentially play out before a new CBA but don't lump me in with those that are telling outright lies.....I am merely pointing out that even if in the worst case scenario as you point out were to come to fruition, an arbitrator will not be able to effectively argue that the "worst of the Atlas" and the "worst of the southern" CBA's would be "industry standard" given the current complexion of our industry. Your worst case scenario is not a likely outcome unless something catastrophic were to cause our economy and consequently our industry to collapse.
It will be a very long time. If they gave us UPS's contract tomorrow it wouldn't solve their staffing problems for this year. I'd argue that they're delaying this CBA so long that we have no idea what the market will look like. That may be their plan. Delay until the market changes then force a concessionary contract in front of an arbitrator. Then buy Centurion when that contract is up. As for the arbitrator, he'd be bound by the Southern and Atlas contracts IF it's my worst case scenario that the company is surely pushing for. In that scenario we'd see Kalitta plus $5 an hour plus similar or worse work rules/retirement 2.5 years from now for a duration of 5 years. Then we'd be a minimum of 10 years out from fixing it...