View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 07:58 PM
6010C
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2006

[QUOTE=IFlyThings;2390581]Hello, folks. New guy on the forums, hoping to end up at Brown sooner rather than later.

When I first read this post I thought that his plan was a way to get to Brown (Or insert next airline here) "never" rather than "sooner".

But after thinking about it, the divorce rate among IPA members is not a small number. If having Christmas morning with your spouse and kids on December 23rd or December 28th would be a problem maybe staying with your current employer and seniority would be the best option.

Have you talked to your spouse about your plans? If you two are comfortable and happy with the situation more power to you. Not being able to bring yourself to apply because the prospect of declining or delaying is too much a burden on you sounds strange to me. Are you afraid the HR sup will be mad at you?

Are you and your spouse planning a spring break trip with your kids? Then summer vacation starts. Don't want to be "busy" then. And then comes trick-or-treat and turkey and Santa again.

If you want to put yourself in a position to have X-mas off 5 years from now, apply and get hired and take first available. If your plans are too important to change then wait. When is the perfect time to change jobs? Is it busy for Delta pilots in the Summertime? Better time your application properly.

If your kids like Santa then a December 22nd Christmas will not be any problem. And if your kids don't like Santa anymore will it harm them for life if they unwrap their IPhone 8 three days early?

What happened to "Hang Loose, Travel Light, and Take No Prisoners"? The pilot in the October 11th 2017 class that gets "your" slot thinks you are making an excellent life-choice.