Old 07-07-2017, 11:34 AM
Comstsa
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by CBreezy View Post
Absolutely. I would say the same thing. They aren't elected to represent you and if everyone emails them, it waters down the message from their own district. They should primarily be concerned with what their constituents think, not everyone across the country. They are not elected to represent everyone.
So you would look me in the eye during a casual conversation where I haven't said anything crazy like "let's blackmail the guy so he'll do what we want" and call me an idiot? I'm sending an email. It may not fit in w a theoretical idea of the way a democratic republic should work in a perfect world... but I don't care, cause we're not in a perfect world. By the way, I don't have a state representative that is a member of the senate commerce committee that proposed this ammendmant... does that mean that I'm un-represented? When someone's job effects me, then they've opened themselves up to my opinion. You're right, his primary responsibility is to listen to his constituents (and get re-elected). But that shouldn't be his only job. My primary job is to get PX safely to their destination. But I try to do more than that and make it as pleasant as I can even if it inconveniences me. I would hope that he would welcome well thought out opinions no matter what the source so that he could have a better understanding of the issue and make a more informed decision. I doubt he'll get bombarded w emails about this, but if he does, good! Perhaps he'll find that the pilots in his district feel the same. I'm aware that this whole conversation is a total waist of time, but I'm currently delayed at an outstation waiting on a plane and couldn't let it go having you called me an idiot. But the longer this goes on, you're point is increasingly valid.