View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 09:38 AM
NEDude
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007

Originally Posted by METO Guido View Post
As does any representative body, ALPA salutes many masters. More than a few of those bearing widely divergent agendas. Then consider getting results in a time where the scale for legislative progress is measured in microns. By comparison to other lobbies, how is ALPA-PAC respected financially? No idea but it's a safe bet they aren't knocking on doors packing the fattest wallet.

Welcome fellas & call me Buddy. VA lawmaker, servant of the people. Also something of a pragmatist you might say, so not especially put off by earmarks, insider whispering, larger than token campaign contributions, single issue voter blocks, defense contractors or multinational spenders. So Flags of Convenience Don't Fly Here just passed committee you say? Well done. 100% behind our pilots, I can tell you that. So what if the presumptuous cry babies making more than me working 12 days a month get all high-horsey from time to time? Hell, I'm almost jealous. But please, hearing aid's up full volume, sell me on H.R.2150-115.

https://congress.gov/115/bills/hr215...15hr2150ih.pdf
The last provision:
‘‘(21) ‘flag of convenience carrier’ means a foreign air carrier that is established in a country other than the home country of its majority owner or owners in order to avoid regulations of the home country."

That will be a tall order to prove in many cases, especially when it comes to EU/EEA carriers certified by EASA. Again, arguing that NAI was established for the purpose of getting around Norwegian regulations is just plain silly. Norway is bound by EU labour laws because of its membership in the EEA and access to the European open market, and Norway is an EASA member state. Establishing in Ireland does not allow NAI to circumvent EU labour laws nor circumvent EASA regulations. It does, however, give significant tax advantages, and that is not prohibited by this proposed bill.