View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 02:28 PM
Whiskey4
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2011

Originally Posted by Dubz View Post
Forgive my ignorance on the topic... I don't have a dog in the fight which is why I don't know anything about the programs. How early is a person able to sign up for one of these programs? If an individual signs up for a cadet program do they get paid the same in bonuses and rate as a street hire or is the bonus different because of the previously paid benefits?

What HR benefits is a cadet entitled to? Full health and dental? They can't accumulate seniority until they are on property, correct?
Some programs allow students to become designated "Cadets" as early as completion of PPL certificate training and completing an HR interview.

The only time I've heard of a change to Cadet program bonuses is when carriers allow cadets to draw forward a portion of the signing bonus (paid while they are still a CFI).

Cadet program CFIs can be eligible for employment with the airline. This would confer employee benefits (travel, medical/dental/vision, vacation accrual, discounts of products and services, etc.) without providing a pilot seniority benefits.

Not all cadet/bridge programs have the same benefits. I would look into airlines that interest you and speak with recruitment staff about the various perks available though a cadet type track, and what schools they partner with). In addition to those listed, another perk may include "super-seniority" in class for base/fleet selection.