View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 05:19 AM
Sluggo_63
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2005

You really are a piece of work, there, Tony. You try to get people to believe the people you are debating can't stay on task and get distracted by tangents (squirrel), so therefore their arguments are null and void. Ad hominem.
Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
Originally Posted by kronan View Post
Jumpseat-if FC wants to remove me with pay, all for it. Last line of defense is pilot judgment , and although judgment is impaired by fatigue absent some concrete actions at show time there is absolutely no reason for FC to intervene. (it's never been CRS in my experience, CRS would have no issues scheduling us for 24 hours straight if the computer would let them...I have had CRS use judgment, but it's a rare rare thing. Also never had a DO not support me when I pushed back on CRS BS plan. But I've only been a Capt for about 5 years, so that's recent history)
OK, I provided an example of flight management substituting their judgment for the judgment of the pilot involved, and you clearly would rather use that as a tangent to chase rather than stick to the topic.

Look, squirrel.
I, too, wonder why Kronan went on some tangent about jumpseat duty time in his reply to you. That's crazy, right?!

You obviously missed the allusion to past conversations about pilots removed from trips by flight operations managers because those managers deemed them unfit to fly their trips because they used a jumpseat to commute to work.

How are they different from locals who are mowing their lawns or driving in to work early? The judgment call is the pilot's, not the manager's.

And why would anyone have issues with me sleeping on the jumpseat on the way to work?

Crew Scheduling sure didn't have any issues with me using the MEM-ANC AM jumpseat to meet an AM launch 2 hours after arriving in ANC -- when it was a draft trip they were trying to fill. Seems like it depends on the "needs of the Company" more than the judgment of the FAA certificated Airman.
Oh... he was responding to your four paragraphs talking about jumpseat usage and duty time and pilot judgement.

Originally Posted by kronan View Post
There are exactly 0 trips open in my seat. Explain to me how RTT makes my life better. Would reduce the annoyance of waiting/wondering if a trip went through. But I already have a pretty decent idea of my odds since the software change showing pending trades on specific trips.

Make OTP a never go away provision and then we'll talk about RTT

Look, another squirrel. And, just as I figured, if it doesn't affect you, who cares?

Please don't answer. Ignore the squirrel.
There goes Kronan chasing another squirrel when responding to your post. I wish he would learn to stay on task, amirite? Where did this squirrel come from, now?

By the way, are you also of the opinion that we don't really want real time trip trading?
I get it; that's your M.O. You post these manifestos and release a scurry of squirrels into the topic and admonish people to stop being distracted by your squirrels and stay on task.

Ad hominem...

Ad hominem...

Taking away pay for calling in sick IS pilot pushing!.
You know that's not what's happening. They are not taking pay away for calling in sick. I just called in sick and I didn't lose any pay.

False dilemma...