View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 08:16 PM
Nitefrater
gets every day off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Retired MD11 Capt

The following comments were posted by the now-banned “ClassActionALPA” on the dates indicated.

1) 05-09-2016
“We need your support to fund this Class Action lawsuit on behalf of all FedEx pilots! We are asking for your $500 contribution. All contributions will be kept confidential.

A bank account will be established this week to make direct deposits or transfers. Or, send contributions to:

Payable to: FedEx Pilots Action Fund, LLC

Send to: 2809 Kirby Pkwy, Suite 116
Memphis TN 38119”

2) 05-09-2016
“Question 5: I’m not a named Plaintiff, so I will receive damages if they are judged or there is a settlement?

Answer: Yes - All FedEx Express pilots on the seniority list during the 2015 TA ratification are represented*. If there is a judgement or settlement for damages, all of these pilots are included.”

(*Note that this statement says that all pilots ARE represented, not “We expect all pilots to be represented after certification of class action status.”)

3) 05-10-2016
“We do have support and many pilots that have contributed.”

And just so there’s no confusion about who’s who:

4) 05-09-2016
“The information posted from "ClassActionALPA" is from the named plaintiffs; that I can verify.”
i.e. ClassActionALPA claims to be one of the 4 folks signing the OP of this thread.

Given all that as background, a couple of questions for the plaintiffs: Now that you’ve settled without attaining class action status, do “ALL FedEx pilots on the seniority list during the 2015 TA ratification” share in the settlement? Assuming that the answer to that is “no”, (and if not, why not?) then what happens to the “many” pilots who contributed to your cause? Do they share in the settlement? Failing that, since you didn't attain class action status, will their contributions be refunded?