View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 07:41 AM
ExtraMedium
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by Dubiousbrother View Post
I can’t believe the ease at which some are shepherded to the Hamster wheel and told to run full speed chanting solidarity. All the while blissfully unaware of the direction or destination.

I ask you this; would you accept this perversion of purpose in any other facet of your life?

Would you yield all curiosity to a financial planner who wouldn’t’ disclose details of your investment portfolio?

Would you accept your attorney who represents you in pending litigation, withholding pertinent details despite your requests for such?

How about a Physician that won’t provide you with examination results?

As pilots do you prohibit yourself from questioning ATC, Dispatch, Scheduling?

To blindly submit to any authority, be it an Employer, Government or Labor organization is folly.

For Gods sakes get a back bone. These people represent us, we pay for their services.

I am not only a colleague but friends with most of the negotiating committee. If they are being instructed not to reveal details to the membership from above, then I contend this policy needs to change.

I’m confident our negotiating reps do have our backs and best interests and they should be commended for that. But if the refusal to disclose vital information continues then I’m left with no other alternative to conclude that the IBT has become unmoored from their fundamental charter, to provide forthright representation.
The way you're talking about this you make it sound like the negotiating committee is making the final decision for us. They are not! We will get to vote.

When a financial planner is putting together a portfolio for you, he probably won't show it to you until he's happy that it's been completely planned out, and only then will he present it to you to sign off, or tell him to try harder.