Thread: Planesense
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 05:29 PM
David Puddy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left

Originally Posted by Airchamber View Post
Holy crap, you need to quite being so sensitive bud. Nothing I said about Planesense was trash talk. I'll ask you again, quote one single thing I said that was false? Established fractional player? That's not a lie, but sure sounds like management jargon! Good I'm glad management has taken notice. I was merely pointing out how you are behind the curve when it comes to pay and benefits. This isn't news to a single pilot working there. I don't work at Planesense or Tradewinds, so I don't have a dog in this fight. Instead of coming in here and trying to shut down any dissenting opinions about your company, why don't you tell us one area where Planesense stands out from other companies? Pay, benefits, 401k, sick time, vacation, etc?
How about the ability to be based outside of the expensive NE? Not everyone wants to live in CT or BOS. I believe pilots are based all over including at established domiciles like PDK and I believe MCO. If you want to live in the NE, I assume PSM is probably available. Plus, I am hearing a big order for additional PC-24s is likely when the order window opens again (great for the lifers).

I don't work at Planesense and I don't have a dog in this fight either. No operator is perfect and no doubt the Planesense pilots should earn more to reduce attrition rates. Regardless, your original post sounded unbalanced considering all of the other information floating out there. And why bash others when you can just highlight the positives (i.e. higher pay at Tradewind)? I would stick to the positives because every operator has issues.