View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 11:02 AM
Battlinbear21
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by oldgb View Post
So, a quick question about the premium pay email from a few days ago. Are the trips still being paid at the 200%, or 150%? And, why would the union be so against a pay higher than 150%, when the contract doesn't state pay is capped at 150% (I don't see limiting language anywhere, i.e. "not more than 150%"), unless I missed something? It seems that the 200% pay shows what we are worth and can be used in negotiating new rates for everyone, not just the new hire FOs.
Not trying to hijack this thread. I just have genuine interest in QX. And just wanted to give you insight on what's happened on the other side of the country w this issue. I do not have your CBA, but ours at PDT uses a formula if there is a certain amount of open time company required to offer PRM pay. It's gotten so bad they now offer 16 hrs per day of additional flying. our schedules are horrible. Have to be worst in the industry. Every line is 4 on 2 off except maybe 3. This is no joke. And all are min 75 cred. But, people are whoring themselves out every chance they get violating contract and dropping below min days off. Then turn around and gripe about schedules being poor. The company has no reason to give us anything better because the flying is covered. So maybe your best strategy for higher rates would be to not touch prm paying open time, get Jr mans out of the way early and they might be apt to give you what you want quickly. I'll keep my nose out of your thread if no on wants to hear about comparison. Just feel these two airlines are becoming very similar. I'm still embarrassed how we cut eagles throats to get out lame deal of a magical flow. Absolutely disgusted whenever I have to talk about how it all really happened. Watching how poor you have been treated and how they have used Skywest against you. Truly sickening from the outside.