View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 06:45 PM
Dubiousbrother
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2017
Position: 777 all

Hillywood –Are the words I’m writing not coming through the website correctly? Did I not ask if there was a LEGAL restriction on releasing information? Your answer would be perfectly acceptable if I had asked – Hey Hilly, have you ever dealt with this and the offers are not to be discussed outside of the committee? If you don’t know the answer, then just say “I don’t know”.

Greenflash - If indeed the recent offer is well below in the areas you mentioned, and you may very well be correct (not that you’ll ever want to know), then in fact would that not serve to buttress our negotiating position?

I’ll answer my own question; of course it would.

So once again we’re asked to suspend our ability to reason and think for ourselves.

Honestly, some of you guys don’t make any sense. Greenflash, Hillywood, and others - let me get this straight. If we ask for details then we’re being disloyal, undermining the process etc. we need to trust the Negotiating committee right? I’ve read that repeatedly.

Well then I have to assume that if and when the Negotiating committee agrees to a tentative agreement and submits that offer for a vote, you are going to refuse to view the offer before voting RIGHT. Because you guys have made it quite clear we need to TRUST the NC. If that’s the case, then asking to view the TA would be disloyal and not trusting the Negotiating committee RIGHT.

You see fellas were being played by some of these people. Whenever direct questions are repeatedly skirted and ignored. Whenever a position lacks consistency, you know something is up.

Some of you may disagree with my desiring more information, but at least I’m philosophically consistent in my positions. Or I make a genuine attempt to be.

Maybe Dutch is on to something; perhaps we are being used as an appendage for someone else’s agenda.