View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 02:00 PM
RJSAviator76
Gets Weekend Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by Tao of Funk View Post
I just might have that "problem". I have the UAL offer, I'll find out if I have the SWA offer soon. I've been talking to friends at both companies, soul searching what I know from personal observations, and I just read this entire thread. I have come to this conclusion; besides making the best of whichever way I go the only way to answer which way is BEST takes hindsight. I can also tell you that this is the most difficult choice I've ever had to make.
UAL and Southwest were my two top choices due to both having bases where I live. Not commuting makes this entirely a whole different job for the better.

I didn't make it past Hogan at UAL and was told to reapply in a year. A few months later, I got hired at Southwest. I wondered if I should reapply at UAL, but after some soul-searching, crunching numbers and comparing those numbers with my friends at UAL, seeing how things are unfolding here, I decided against it and haven't looked back. A factor here is that I don't care about flying a heavy. I'm internationaled out from my previous job for years and years to come.

Your choices are between excellent and awesome and either one presents a multimillion dollar career with very similar numbers. Good luck! I don't think you'll be wrong whichever way you go.