View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 05:12 PM
Adlerdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain

Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
If you live in Los Angeles and Book BP7 Staging, and I'm flying a trip with a back-end deadhead from LAX to MEM, I can book BP4 in lieu of that deadhead, as long as it's 3 days beforehand and bump you from your staging jumpseat. How do we feel about that? Previously Business could not bump Staging.
I feel confused.
1. I would like clarification on the "no-harm" rules - specifically if booking business status to commute to base somehow relieves us of that commuter protection simply because someone used the word staging in the CBA (back when there was no option to use business status to commute).

2. If we still have that protection via business status, I can't find ANY reason why anyone would ever use staging to get to work. According to the latest guidance, we're authorized business status within 3-days of any activity, so that covers a normal commute. It's higher priority, less chance of being bumped and you can cancel closer to departure time.

3. Finally, I would hope.......I know this is a lot to hope for......
That someone in your LAX-MEM scenario, with a DH ticket no less and nothing riding on getting to MEM (like making a trip) would NEVER, EVER even think about bumping a commuter (even an offline guy) who is trying to get to work. That's just basic jumpseat 101.