Thread: Good article
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 09:08 AM
tom11011
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013

Originally Posted by Duesenflieger View Post
There is no way that young FOs are being snatched up unless they are female, black or prior military pilot.
Pretty much any white male can now check the boxes on their Delta-American-United application that says they are a black female without question. I'm not making a joke out of this, stay with me. I'm being serious.

First, get an ancestry DNA test. Chances are high that you have a trace elements of African ancestry.

According to the legal principle of "The One-Drop Rule", you may now legally check the proper box on your job application. Under race, the option will be "Black or African American".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-drop_rule

If you live in a liberal state such as California or New York, you can be a female if you are feeling like a female on a particular day. For example, at the University of California, their application has six choices for gender identity depending on how you feel about your identity or your situation at the time of application. Applicants can choose male, female, trans male/trans man, trans female/trans woman, gender queer/gender non-conforming and “different identity” to describe their gender identity.

Bottom line, many people can feel completely comfortable today choosing black female on their job application where it might have been judged inappropriate just a few short years ago. For an employer to look you in the eye and say "you are not black" would be racist. For them to say "you are not a woman" would be sexist.

Good luck!